Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bad Blogger, Bad Girl!

Gotta tell you, I am about the world's WORST blogger.

So, here's what's going on in Jitterie Land.

I lost a loved one in May, which really threw me off all of my projects, including the DaddyGhan! I'm soooo lucky, I have to get all the squres the same size, but then one of the lovely twins is going to assemble it for me. I feel kinda bad about it. . . but I'm just not quite what you'd call "with it" right now.

Of course, that didn't stop me from starting a bunch of projects, so now I have even more stuff undone. Yay.

I had started an afghan for myself--I've made several, but never keep them, I always give them away. So, I started one, so happy with it, then when I was sitting with my aunt one day while her caretaker was at a doctor's appointment, she commented on how much she liked it. . . so, of course I said, well, then it's for you! BUT I didn't finish it in time, she passed away the next week. All the squares are done, and I had begun assembling it. . . but now, well, I just can't look at it and not feel bad.

BTW, I did find my hook case with all my goodies inside! Yay! I was so relieved. . . can you imagine trying to build that back up again?

More fun for me. . .

My evil doctor has said no more caffeine for me! I can't tell you how awful that is! I'm a pot a day drinker, well, I was, and going cold turkey hasn't been easy. . . but I've done it! No more diet coke, either, he wants me to stop drinking all sodas, too. As is it, I don't drink alcohol, now I can't have caffeine OR carbonated either. . . ewwww. . . that leaves water! YUCK.

I didn't even go to the silly man for anything having to do with anything caffeinated or carbonated. . . I went because of the worlds worst backache. Turns out I have a spasming psoas muscle. WTF??? Whatever. I just hurts like a MF. It's getting better now, but wow, I haven't been able to do much of anything at all. Hurts to bend over, sit, lie down, stand up, you name it, it hurts. Luckily I have the best sons ever and they've had to do everything from cooking to cleaning up the kitchen! Wow, almost like grownups, huh? they've even had to do their own laundry!!!! Poor fellas. . . .

So, now, for the projects I've started. I haven't taken pics of any of them yet, but I will soon.

My oldest son is in his college's marching band, which means we need nice warm afghans for the football stadium. (Yeah, I'm a stage mom, never miss a performance). Started the Romantic Ripple afghan made out of the new acrylic sold at Michaels. I love this yarn, it's even softer than Vanna's choice; but doesn't separate like VC does. Pretty limited color choices so far, but hopefully that will change in the future.

Next one will be out of a wool acrylic blend in navy (school colors are blue/gold) that I found on a great sale at Herrschners. It's just gorgeous--on the bulky side, so I don't think it will take long to make.

And last, this absolutely beautiful wool/soy blend (Patons SWS) in a mossy sage kinda color. This puppy should be really warm. No idea what kinda pattern I'm going to use for either of them, but by golly, I have the yarn!

I really have to stop buying yarn. I mean really.

I also got this really, super bulky, super soft black yarn--that's gonna be for hats and scarves, I think. Hmmmm. . . . .

Enough for now, I think.

Seeya at the LYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment